Food poisoning at tahfiz hostel, restaurant ordered closed

Food poisoning at tahfiz hostel, restaurant ordered closed

A restaurant here has been directed to be temporarily closed from today following a food poisoning case involving a group of tahfiz students from the Institut Al Quran Darul Aman (Iqdar).

State Health Department director Datuk Dr Norhizan Ismail said the Kota Setar district health department had identified the premises and issued a closure notice for 14 days under Section 11 of the Food Act 1983 for cleaning work and further investigation.

‘An investigation has revealed that the food sent to the students were leftover rice and chicken dish. We believe the food poisoning was caused by improperly prepared chicken dish.

‘’A total 150 students were exposed to the food poisoning. Of that, 31 students, aged 18 to 23 years, had received outpatient treatments,’’ he said in a statement here today.

Earlier, it was reported that over 40 tahfiz students from Iqdar had food poisoning, suspected to be sourced from the food contributed by a restaurant for the after tarawih prayer meal (moreh), last night.


 APHM 2019

Categories

Flag Counter