Two deaths due to dengue in Terengganu

Two deaths due to dengue in Terengganu

Two deaths due to dengue have been recorded in Terengganu by the state Health Department this year as of September.

Health director Dr Mohamad Omar said the latest case was on Aug 27 involving a 30-year-old man from Kampung Chepoh in Hulu Terengganu.

He said the first death was recorded on June 10 involving a 68-year-old woman from Flat Dusun Nyior near Kemaman.

As of Sept 10, the department had recorded 462 dengue cases, an increase of 65.6 per cent from 279 cases in the same period last year, he said in a statement today.

He said Kuala Terengganu recorded the highest number with 208, followed by Marang (69), Kuala Nerus (51), Dungun (45), Kemaman (29), Hulu Terengganu (27), Besut (22) and Setiu, 11.


Categories

Flag Counter