There are no measles outbreaks in Perak and things are still under control, says A. Sivanesan.
The Perak Health Committee chairman said as of Feb 28 this year, the state Health Department has only recorded three cases, involving two cases in Muallim and one in Kerian.
“All these are isolated cases and there have been no clusters found since the beginning of the year.
“Everything is under control and there is no escalation of cases,” he said when contacted.
“The health department has been ordered to monitor the situation,” he added.
It has been reported that there had been a significant increase in measles cases in Melaka last year.
Its state health director Datuk Dr Rusdi Abd Rahman said the total cases recorded in 2022 was 22, compared to just eight in 2021.
Vaccine booster shots were currently being administered to infants and children.
Sivanesan also said there had been 13 cases for the whole of last year.
“All cases have recovered without serious complications,” he said, adding that the cases were recorded at Larut, Matang and Selama (five), Perak Tengah (four), Manjung (two), Batang Padang and Kuala Kangsar (one each). – The Star